Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What Kind of People ....

When I watch the typical MTV hip-hop video, I’m often offended by the rude and misogynistic rituals, the poor quality of the craft and the entertainment masking as talent. But what most offends me above and beyond the above mentioned is the people who make this trash.

For example: The Black Eyed Peas recent hit “My Hump” (don’t get me started). It was created by grown adults, who, playing in one sense, were also very serious about making money off this song by targeting the pre-pubescent crowd. What kind of a person says, “Sure, put my name on that. I want my image connected to that song and video?”

I don’t know about you guys, but I take it very seriously when my name is attached to something. You got to wonder about that money demon: it’s enough to make people get up from their seat of sense and dignity for a position on the throne of money-grubbing ignorance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home